Magic Mushrooms Grow kit Tutorial
**Magic Mushroom Grow Kit Tutorial** last updated: MAY 2022
With this pre-grown mycelium grow kit, you can grow your magic mushrooms in less than 2 weeks!
Without any extra knowledge or ‘hard to get’ equipment, you can grow many harvests of Psilocybe Cubensis. Growing can’t get any easier than this!!
The mycelium is ‘pre-grown,’ which means that all the difficult work with fungi spores has been done in our lab. It is not as simple as ‘plug and play,’ but as long as you follow our manual, you will have the best chance to succeed.
The Magic Mushroom Grow Kit Tutorials are not in the package we send you; you can only find them via our website.
A 4-step tutorial for all magic mushroom grow kits
Step 1 and 2 used to be a bit different depending if you’ were growing an X, OHM or a GO, MAX & MEGA. We have improved our growing process. From now on all our shroom kits have exactly the same growing instructions.
Just follow our guidelines and you are good to go. Happy traveling..:-)
X & OHM
and also the GO, MAX & MEGA Kits
Shroom kits can be STORED UNOPENED at room-temperature for maximum 6 weeks, before usage.
1. UNBOXING & Set Up
- Remove the grow kit lid, but save it for later.
- Take a clean fork and make holes all throughout the top layer
(6 to 8 rows of holes is enough).
We make holes, so the grow kit can absorb water later.
- Fill the grow kit with water (20 º C), until the edge. Close the grow kit with the lid, and let it soak for 12-24 hours.
- After soaking, remove the lid and carefully pour off the extra water.
- Put the grow kit inside the plastic bag. Close it by folding the top of the plastic bag.
Secure the top with the paperclips provided. Make sure your plastic bag is still straight up.
- Place the grow kit in an area with enough daylight, but not in direct sunlight.
- The ideal room temperature for X & OHM is between 18 and 28 º C.
Spraying: (once the grow kit is set up in the grow bag)
Make sure you moisten the kit daily with a spray bottle (maximum 1-2 pumps).
Do this until first the pinheads appear.
2. PINHEADS – First Tiny Mushrooms Appear
The first pinheads will be visible in 1 to 3 weeks. At this moment, you also stop spraying. Be patient though; it may take some time before pinheads appear.
3. SHROOMS – Maturing
- Most pinheads have grown larger than 3 cm.
- In this phase, leave the bag slightly open, so that the moisture inside the grow bag can evaporate a little. You can do this, by releasing your paper clips and letting the top of the bag drop down.
- Too much moisture is not good. If there is a lot of moisture in your grow bag, make sure to air out the bag by fanning it.
As soon as the first shrooms are visible, it takes about one week before the shrooms are fully developed.
4. HARVEST – Collect Them All
he moment of harvesting is important.
- The best time is just before the skin underneath the caps starts to loosen up.
- If the spores under the caps are still closed, but threaten to burst, start harvesting.
- Grab the stem gently and turn the mushroom to the left and than to the right and gently pull. This way you can remove the mushroom as complete as possible. By gently pulling, you prevent your grow kit from damaging. This way you can reuse for 2nd, 3rd, or even 4th harvests.
♻️ ADDITIONAL FLUSHES
Good News! Our grow kits can produce several harvests. In fact, re-harvesting can be repeated 1 – 3 times.
After harvesting your first flush, clean the surface of the grow kits, by removing the old and not matured mushrooms. This gives the new mushrooms the ability to grow.
Mushrooms consist of about 90% water, so the grow kit needs a lot of new moisture for the next flush. Therefore:
- Fill the grow kit with clean tap water.
- Place the lid back on. Let the grow kit soak for 12-24 hours.
- Open a corner of the lid, & drain the excess water.
- From here you can follow the instructions from STEP 1.
- Set bag up straight
Make sure you chew the shrooms very very well on an empty stomach.
That way all the active substances will be absorbed by your body.
Beginning trippers: Start with consuming 10 grams of fresh shrooms.
Advanced trippers: Start with consuming 20 grams of fresh shrooms.
Fresh Shroom Dosages
10 grams – light trip
15 grams – medium trip
20/30 grams – strong trip
50 grams – ’heroic’ trip
Dried Shroom Dosages
1/1.5 grams – light trip
2.5 grams – medium trip
3 grams – strong trip
5 grams – ’heroic’ trip
Magic Mushroom Grow Kits FAQs
The OHM/Xs are made for higher yields and the MAX/GO/MEGA kits are more flexible, because it can survive extreme climates during shipping.
Read more differences: “Magic Mushroom Grow Kits: Difference between OHM and MAX”
Please refer to our Manual page for further details. In short, you do not need to presoak your GO/MAX/MEGA kits.
Typically, our shroom kits take about 1-3 weeks from beginning to harvest.
It also depends variably on the climate. The warmer the temperatures, the faster the flush. In cooler temperatures, it can take longer. In the winter or in generally cold rooms, we recommend heating mats to jumpstart your grow kits
Unopened shroom grow kits can stay in the fridge for up to 2 months.
After setting up your grow kit, it normally takes 7-10 days until you see pinheads. When temperatures are too cold or dry, it can take about 10-14 days.
It happens that a grow kit can take even up to 3 weeks, before mushrooms start growing.
This varies on temperature and environment. The colder it is, the slower the growing process takes.
Fresh shrooms: 3 days in the fridge
Dried shrooms: months, even years (potency will drop slowly). Stored in a dark bag.
It can sometimes happen that the grow kit is too dense at the top.
When the mushrooms start to grow out of the sides, you can put the cake upright, as seen in the added picture.
It gives the cake enough space for the grow bag. In this way, more air holes are exposed, so it is important to spray extra water inside the bag once a day.
The black powder on top are the spores which the mushrooms release after having matured. This is very normal.
It is best to harvest them before they start releasing the spores, because the spores can cover the grow kit so much that new pinheads cannot grow from it anymore.
If there is a thick layer, then it is best to soak the cake completely underwater and to very gently and carefully rub the spores off with your fingers. Careful because it is very delicate.
No. We only sell shroom grow kits. You can grow and harvest your own, which is very easy and sustainable.
Heating Mat FAQ
The best temperature for magic mushroom grow kits is 24 °C
Heating Mats are only used 2 Days MAX for MAX/GO/MEGA Kits and when the room temperature is below 23 °C
Only Use a Heating Mat to kickstart the growth of your shroom kit.
OHM/X Kits never need a heating mat.
Magic Mushrooms FAQs
Magic mushrooms, a.k.a shrooms, contain the hallucinogenic compounds called psilocybin. When consumed, this compounds lead you to hallucinate or have a “trip.”
The effects of shrooms vary by:
They range from positive effects, neutral effects, and negative effects.
The following are a general list of effects. They do not include & define all shroom experiences:
- Spiritual insight
- Feelings of wonder
- Better flow of ideas (on creative and philosophical ordeals)
- Emotional sensitivity
- Changes in time perception
- Light sensitivity
- Visual hallucinations (open and closed-eye)
- Pupil Dilation
- Intense fear
A magic mushroom trip typically lasts 4-8 hours, depending on how heavy your dosage is. It takes about 30 minutes-1 hour to take effect. Sometimes even 2 hours.
Shrooms last in your system for about 24-72 hours.
As the great Terence McKenna once said “Only from astonishment.”
If you want to know more, can you overodse on magic mushrooms .
No, shrooms cannot give you brain damage.
Fundamentally, magic mushrooms (psilocybin) is not a cure for symptoms, illnesses or mental disorders. Rather it may give insightfulness and objective perspective for why a person is depress, therefore offering clearness for the cloudy mind.
Here are some articles: