last updated: SEPT 1st 2022
Magic Mushroom Grow Kit video tutorial
1. Unboxing & Setup
- Remove the grow kit lid, but save it for later.
- Fill the grow kit with an abundance of water (+/- 20º C), until the edge.
- Close the grow kit with the lid, and let it soak for approx 12 hours. (Not less than 6, not more than 18.
The mycelium can drown if too long under water.)
- After soaking, remove the lid and carefully pour off the extra water.
- Put the grow kit inside the plastic bag. Close it by folding the top of the plastic bag.
- Secure the top with the paperclips provided. Make sure your plastic bag is still straight up.
- If you are growing the Psilove FRM Grow kit , slide the bag’s opening under the bottom, with the micro perforation facing upward.
- Place the grow kit in an area with enough daylight, but not in direct sunlight.
- The ideal room temperature is between 18 and 25 º C. The min-maximum varies per product.
optional : Perforating When your kit is a bit dry on arrival take a clean fork and make some holes in the top layer, so the grow kit can absorb water later. 4 jabs is enough.
- The first pinheads will usually be visible in 1 to 3 weeks. Be patient though; it may take some time before pinheads appear.
They can be recognized as being many very small white-brownish bumps that will increase in size by the hour.
- The right moisure amount here is when you see small dew drops. No drops is too dry, big dripping drops is too wet.
3. Shrooms Maturing
- Most pinheads have now grown larger than 2 cm. They have become toddler shrooms.
- In this phase, leave the bag slightly open, so that the moisture inside the grow bag can evaporate a little. The paperclips can go.
As soon as the first shrooms are visible it usually takes between 1 to 3 days before they are fully developed.
- The best time to harvest the matured shrooms is just before the caps open. During maturing they look like globe/planet. When the skin underneath the round caps starts to loosen up, they get the shape of a mexican sombrero hat.
- If the spores under the caps are still closed, but threaten to burst, start harvesting.
- Grab the stem gently and turn the mushroom to the left and then to the right and gently pull. This way you can remove the mushroom as complete as possible. By gently pulling, you prevent your grow kit from damage; it can get a bit wounded when pulling too rough.
Good News! Our grow kits can produce several harvests. In fact, re-harvesting can be repeated 1 – 3 times
- After harvesting your first flush, clean the surface of the grow kits, by removing the old and not matured mushrooms. This gives the new mushrooms the ability to grow.
Make sure you chew the shrooms very very well on an empty stomach.
That way all the active substances will be absorbed by your body.
Beginning trippers: Start with consuming 10 grams of fresh shrooms.
Advanced trippers: Start with consuming 20 grams of fresh shrooms.
Fresh Shroom Dosages
2 grams – microdose
10 grams – light trip
15 grams – medium trip
25 grams – strong trip
50 grams – ’heroic’ trip
Dried Shroom Dosages
0.2 gram – microdose
1 gram – light trip
1.5 grams – medium trip
2.5 grams – strong trip
5 grams – ’heroic’ trip
Magic Mushroom Grow Kits FAQs
Yes, you need to fill the grow kit with water (+/-20 º C), until the edge. Close the grow kit with the lid, and let it let it soak for approx 12 hours. (Not less than 6, not more than 18.
The mycelium can drown if too long under water.)
Typically, our shroom kits take about 1-3 weeks from beginning to harvest.
It also depends variably on the climate. The warmer the temperatures, the faster the flush. In cooler temperatures, it can take longer. In the winter or in generally cold rooms, we recommend heating mats to jumpstart your grow kits
Unopened shroom grow kits can stay in the fridge for up to 2 months. For optimal harvest start them as quick as possile.
After setting up your grow kit, it normally takes 7-10 days until you see pinheads. When temperatures are too cold or dry, it can take about 10-14 days.
Sometimes a grow kit can take up to 4 weeks, before mushrooms start growing.
This varies on type of kit, temperature and environment. The colder it is, the longer the growing process takes.
If it takes longer then 3 weeks for anything to appear, you can put the cake upright, as seen in the added picture.
It gives the cake enough grow room inside the bag. In this way, more air holes are exposed, so it is important to spray extra water inside the bag once a day.
Fresh shrooms: 3 days in the fridge
Dried shrooms: months, even years (potency will drop slowly). Stored in a dark and dry container.
It can sometimes happen that the grow kit is too dense at the top.
When the mushrooms start to grow out of the sides, you can put the cake upright, as seen in the added picture.
It gives the cake enough space for the grow bag. In this way, more air holes are exposed, so it is important to spray extra water inside the bag once a day.
The black powder on top are the spores which the mushrooms release after having matured. This is very normal.
It is best to harvest them before they start releasing the spores, because the spores can cover the grow kit so much that new pinheads cannot grow from it anymore.
If there is a thick layer, then it is best to soak the cake completely underwater and to very gently and carefully rub the spores off with your fingers. Careful because it is very delicate.
No. We only sell shroom grow kits. You can grow and harvest your own, which is very easy and sustainable.
Heating Mat FAQ
The best temperature for magic mushroom grow kits is 18 -25 °C
Mats are only used 2 Days MAX when the room temperature is below 18 °C. It will increase the grow speed, but will not result in more harvest.
- Unbox and Set Up your Grow Kit with the bag upright
- Set Up Your Heating Mat with a Ventilation system, like set of Pencils or a Towel.
- Plug in Heating Mat
- Put Your Grow Kit on the Heating Mat and leave it for 2 DAYS ONLY.
- Remove from Heating Mat
- Re-Adjust the Grow bag so that the opening is underneath the bottom of the grow kit. The small little micro holes point upwards.
- You can moisten the kit daily with a spray bottle (maximum 1-3 pumps).Do this until first the pinheads appear
Magic Mushrooms FAQs
Magic mushrooms, a.k.a shrooms, contain the hallucinogenic compounds called psilocybin. When consumed, this compounds lead you to hallucinate or have a “trip.”
The effects of shrooms vary by:
They range from positive effects, neutral effects, and negative effects.
The following are a general list of effects. They do not include & define all shroom experiences:
- Spiritual insight
- Feelings of wonder
- Better flow of ideas (on creative and philosophical ordeals)
- Emotional sensitivity
- Changes in time perception
- Light sensitivity
- Visual hallucinations (open and closed-eye)
- Pupil Dilation
- Intense fear
A magic mushroom trip typically lasts 4 hours, depending on how heavy your dosage is. It takes about 30 minutes-1 hour to take effect. Sometimes even 2 hours.
Shrooms last in your system for about 24-72 hours.
As the great Terence McKenna once said “Only from astonishment.”
If you want to know more, can you overodse on magic mushrooms .
No, shrooms cannot give you brain damage.
Fundamentally, magic mushrooms (psilocybin) is not a cure for symptoms, illnesses or mental disorders. Rather it may give insightfulness and objective perspective for why a person is depress, therefore offering clearness for the cloudy mind.
Here are some articles: